Thursday, July 28, 2011

Nostalgia

When I was still living with my mother at one point she had a tall mahogany armoire/bureau in her bedroom that she had inherited from my great grandmother, with whom she was extremely close. Atop said bureau was a collection of perfumes. Tons of them! All in beautiful bottles. Some were delicate and romantic looking and others were more bold and sexy. I ALWAYSSSSS tried to sneak some whenever I could and whenever she asked me if I had used any I did what any politician today would do, DENY, DENY, DENY. Lol! Anyway this beautiful bottle of Shalimar made me think of that. I had a moment of nostalgia.

P.S. In 1925 when Guerlain's Shalimar debuted it was in a Baccarat crystal flacon and since then its had quite a few reincarnations. More here.
Image via style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment